Tabitha's amazing Blog

Friday, June 10, 2011

Drumheller Day 1

Pip, Dad, Misty, and I all left for drumheller at 8:15 AM. On our way we were having the Joe Blow car trip with mountains, we stopped for lunch in golden, we were coming out of the Rockies, There were plains! As I looked through the window, I couldn't see the end of the trail, it was flat and straight, it was like it never ended. The plains actually showed stripes with all the crops. On our way we saw a monster Combine. The only time I have seen a combine is on farm ville. We kept on going until we hit drumheller, On out way to drumheller, we couldn't find horse shoe cannon, but we still saw plains.we reached drumheller, yet we couldn't find our hotel, so we had to stop for directions. Ever where I looked, there was a different kind of Dinosaur. Apparently our hotel is a motel that isn't very nice, but cost big $$$. We went up to our room, and from our view, there is a giant Te-Rex stomping through the trees on the other side of the river.
After that we over pasted the dinosaur museum, so we had to turn around. at the museum the first section was how the earth changed and I small, but neat playroom full of giant fake flowers.
The next exhibit was the fossils, then to the lizard family, the lizard family had a dying position. after that we saw some evolution . After that we traveled to the past. We started with the aquatics dinosaurs. there was a glass walk way with glass floor so we could see the Dino's. Then we kept travling to certain times, and saw lots of bones. After we went to the gift shop And I got a note book with moving dinosaurs on it. Pip misty and I all went to the amazing park there,. the park really hurt misty's and I back, because it was made for 7 and under.
After we went for dinner at McDonalds, me and dad split C 10 piece chicken nuget, even though it only came with 9 nuggets. As well me and dad split a super large root beer for only a 1$. After that we came back and found the Canuks Won! then Me and pip had a bath. in the morning dad, and misty had showers and then we left.

4 comments:

Melissa Hart said...

wow--sounds like such a cool trip! WIsh I was there. SOunds like a lot of fun. I always loved Drumhellar as a kid :) xoxo

Melissa Hart said...

BTW TAbs, I've put a link on my blog to yours and told people that you're blogging about your road trip--so keep blogging each day as I'm sending traffic your way!xx

Miranda said...

Fantatstic details, Tab! Keep it coming. Sounds like you're having a blast! Must go there soon.

Theresa's travel thoughts said...

I'm just thinking Tabs - you probably don't remember the prairies much at all. Quite a shock, I'm sure to see all that flatness. And doesn't the sky seem higher up?
Have fun